The meadows of the Sarthe valley are a veritable garden. This gentle countryside is scattered with manor houses, mediaeval villages and flowery hamlets.
The majestic Abbey of Solesmes where people come daily to listen to awe-inspiring Gregorian chants.
Visit the amusing museum at Juigné (with strange and wonderful exhibits)
Forests and meandering rivers for strolls away from time.
Two hours away
- guided tour of the mediaeval village of Asmières sur Vègre
- The Malicorne potteries (www.faiencerie-malicorne.com) keeping skills alive.
- tour Prytanium school for military children in la Flèche
- boat excursion on the river Sarthe
Three hours away
- Visit the 16th century château at the Plessis Bourré
- Visit the Jean Lurçat museum in Angers "The Song of the World"
Four or more hours away
- The outstanding 27 hole golf course at Sablé (www.golf-sable-solesmes.com).
- Bugatti car racing initiation (Le Mans) with a visit to the automobile museum.
At the hotel : Health club (sauna and jacuzzi)
Close by : tennis courts
Grand Hôtel de Solesmes - Hôtel 3 étoiles - Vallée de la Sarthe (72)
16, place Dom-Guéranger 72300 SOLESMES Sarthe France
Tél. 02.43.95.45.10 - Fax. 02.43.95.22.26 firstname.lastname@example.org
Création & réalisation : www.e-comouest.com